Thursday, July 28, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I haven't been a slacker lately, but I have been really busy!  So here's a small sampling of what I've been up to the last week.

1. Last week was Youth Activities Week (YAW) at our church. The kids did various activities during the week that included movie night at the church with popcorn and ice cream floats, camping, paintball, and cooking dinner for themselves and family.  I helped with movie night and cooking on Friday.  On Friday, I started at 10:30 am and finished at 9:30 pm.  We made 18 pies, cooked 35 pounds of potatoes, and 48 pounds of bacon!  Yes, you read that correctly, 48 pounds of bacon.

2. It has been so hot the last few weeks as in 27 days straight of 100+ temps that I'm finding it difficult to make myself run!  Instead, I've been doing lots of cross-training and yoga. 

3. I decided I should be the Queen of Domesticity.  Now that E has graduated and no longer has to wear a uniform, I made her a skirt.  It turned out cute and she loves it!
It's never a good thing for me to be home with time on my hands because I will start cooking!   I love being able to take ingredients, mix them together and make delicous food!  So if you take the right stuff and mix it together in the right way, you will come up with this:


let it sit for a while until it looks like this


and you can turn it in to these for dinner


or these for breakfast!

Yes, my family is quite happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment