Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Musings

Last week was busy with VBS and various other things going on! Both of my kids enjoy volunteering at VBS and I'm so thankful that they want to give back as well as be a positive influence on younger kids. 

E and I went to the midnight premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  We got in line about 9:15 for the 12:15 showing.  It was worth the wait!! It was the 3D version and was incredibly well done.
We did go back today to see the 2D version and it was just as good as the 3D.  We enjoyed it just as much the second time and may see it again!

I cooked quite a bit over the weekend including making homemade pizza.  I also attempted dessert pizza for the first time and it was quite good.  The family was so excited about both that I forgot to take pictures.  :)  Trust me they were both great!

Last night, I tried a new chicken recipe.  We eat lots of chicken and get bored with the same old ways all the time.  For this version, I mixed fresh bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter and  put it on top of boneless chicken breasts, baked it covered for 20 minutes at 400 degress, took the cover off and baked it 10 more minutes.  It was fabulous.  We had mixed vegetables in cheese sauce on the side.
This morning was a 50 minute run.  I did manage 5 miles in the 80 degree temp with 85% humidity!  It was a great run! 
If I look like I was dripping, it's because I was!  Now you can see that I actually do get out there and pound the pavement! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment