Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Musings

This past weekend was great!  We did lots of nothing and got some much needed rest!  I made it to the Farmer's Market on Saturday, was lucky enough to purchase tomatoes, cataloupe, local honey, and win a very cool mini greenhouse!  As soon as I figure out how to put it together, there will be pictures!

On Saturday, while C was mowing the yard, Drago and Espn decided to make a break for it!  Espn went from the backyard to the front door, but Drago took off for a trip around the neighborhood.  Here's what he looked like afterwards.

He was blowing bubbles in the water to splash it on his face!


I think this look says "maybe it wasn't so smart to go for a run when it's 105 outside".

I used the last of the bread dough to make these for breakfast on Sunday before we went to church.  Everyone was quite happy!



I got up at 4:15 this morning to drop E off at the church to go on Senior Trip with the kids from our youth group.  There were 6 kids and 5 adults going on the trip to Destin, FL for the week.  They shoud have a blast!  I sent 2 loaves of banana bread and 6 dozen butter cookies with them so we know they'll eat something besides seafood!

When I got home, I got in a 3 mile run before it was miserably hot!  I guess that is relative, because at 6:30 it was 82 degrees and the humidity was 81%.  I had some twinges in my shin so I came home and iced and stretched.  I guess I'll have to see how this all goes and take it easy for a few more days.  :-/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment