Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Wow, it's Thursday already!  I thought I would blog more this week, but going back to work has thrown me off!

Running/Workouts:  I have been able to keep up with this aspect of my life this week!  I ran 3 miles Monday and 5 miles Wednesday finishing up both days by 6:45 am.  Monday, E and I went to yoga and Tuesday, I did the elllptical for 12 minutes (random time, I know) and lifted weights.  Today was a rest day because my legs were tired.  :)  Tomorrow will be elliptical, weights, and yoga and Saturday will be a 6 mile run.

Food:  We have been eating well this week.  I've made parmesan crusted chicken and risotto, mexican chicken spaghetti, and chicken salad.  There seems to be a chicken theme in our house this week!  Maybe we need some red meat next week.  ;-)

Faith:  I have been doing okay with my journaling.  I'm at least I'm catching up every couple of days. 

I started a new job in a new district this week even though it is not what I really want to be doing, but I felt as though the door was being opened and I should go through it whether or not I knew why.  Yesterday was the convocation for all district staff where everyone comes together to hear motivational speeches from various people.  When it was the superintendent's turn to speak, he opened with a prayer.  I've been in education for 22 years, worked in 6 different districts with more superintedents than I can remember and I've never seen that happen before yesterday.  I was amazed!  As he went on with his speech, he talked about his faith in God and how we must all do what we are led to do and how we impact the lives of others in ways we may never know.  As he spoke, I felt such a sense of peace and had the thought that "I am in the right place".  I may not know at this moment what God's plan for me is, other than He has one and I have to trust that all will be revealed in time and when He knows I'm ready. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to five you hope and a future".  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment