Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Today was house-cleaning day!  Woo Hoo!  Parts of the house are done and the rest will come later.

I subscribe to http://www.proverbs31.org/ for a daily devotional and sometimes I read the blogs of the contributors  Yesterday, I just happened to read the blog of the contributor, http://www.marybethwhalen.com/  who was beginning a new activity for the month of August.  Each day she will post a question, quote, or verse to challenge us to journal our response.  I have never really been good at journaling.  I can't even blog every day!  But, I am giving it a try.  Today's question was "where do you want to be in 10 years?"  I responded where I want to be spiritually, physically, professionally, and socially.  I challenge each of you to look at Mary Beth's website and try journaling yourself.

Last night, I made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy for dinner.  N was in heaven!  It's been at least 5 years since I made chicken-fried steak.  I didn't even have a cast-iron skillet last time, but I did yesterday!  There's not much you can do to make something deep fried healthier, but I did use the Pioneer brand gravy mix that's fat free and I used fat-free half and half to make the potatoes.  I have to say it was delicious!

E is having a fabuous time in Destin.  She texted today that she had seen 3 baby sharks that were about 6 inches long.  I told her to look out for the mama shark!  Check her blog to see pics she has posted.  It's under blogs I follow and is A Guide to Emily's Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment